What's It All About

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

And I Think to Myself What a Wonderful World with New Challenge at Creative Moments

It's a new challenge at Creative Moments  where it's always anything goes but with this challenge, the optional twist Weddings and/or Anniversaries

Our fabulous sponsors are: 





for my image, I chose to work with Lacy Sunshine Vaudeville Reggie as I think he's an adorable dapper little fellow that would make an adorable cake topper!!!


RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • size A2 card using black Recollections with Recollections Black/White Paper Stack as background
  • I had fun with the background cutting the paper as 4 x 5.375 inches and then placing it on my paper cutter to get the opposite corners and cutting to make the background interesting
  • Reggie was colored using Prisma and Whisper Strokes Markers, Prisma Colored Pencils and gel pen accents fussy cut around the edges and puff-dotted onto my base with of course having the Stickles Fairy adding some fairy dust!
  • pearls on angle were from a swap
  • sentiment, "Thank you for giving me a reason to smile" was from a previous club at Create with TLC  and is chalked around the edges with Recollections black roses on either side
  • sentiment, "and I think to myself what a wonderful world" was from a previous club at Create with TLC  and is chalked around the edges with background made the same as the front

I have to confess, wedding and anniversary cards are hard for me to make as I seem to be a failure at marriages and I just don't seem to be inspired to make that style of card but was thinking this would be the purrfect card to give to that special someone for a special occasion. 

I also had the privilege to work with My Stitch Back in Twine Oz as a fabulous pop-up birthday card for a dear friend . . . 



RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • tutorial using Splitcoasters
  • black card stock for card 
  • yellow and lime green glitter card stock for background
  • Cuttlebug Snake Skin Embossing folder for yellow brick road
  • Flying Monkeys were colored using Prisma and Whisper Strokes Markers, gel pen and Stickles accents for wings 
  • Yellow Brick Road was colored using Whisper Strokes Markers and Stickles accents 
  • Wicked Witch legs and shoes were colored using Spectrum Nor and Whisper Strokes Markers with Stickles accents on her ruby red shoes 
  • sentiments used were from Create with TLC with the birthday sentiment made especially for me to use on this card - thank you Paulette


  • flowers were from Edwina with Queen & Co. black pearl centers for the poppies
I thank you for stopping by and visiting today. I can't wait to see your creativity when you enter your project!!!

OH, wait a minute, you thought you were going to get off easy and not have a sing-a-long today . . . well, just follow the flying monkeys and let's sing: 



I appreciate and love reading your comments - is your comment the next one I read??? If you have any questions, you can contact me at hercraftiness@gmail.com.



Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness