What's It All About

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

God Bless the USA with New Challenge at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Blog

OK, show of hands . . . . how many of you, my dear friends, have heard of Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Blog????? WELL, let me tell you, it's a challenge blog you are going to want to enter as she offers a once a month challenge the first of every month AND you can enter as many times you would want!!!!!!! With one more bit of news - I am one of the newest Design Team members!!!!! 

Check out my great project for this month's challenge using patterned paper for my July mini calendar:





RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • background Creative Imaginations mounted on Black Recollection card stock measuring 6.25 x 6.5 inches with rounded corners 
  • Bugaboo Fancy Sunbonnet July USA was colored using Prisma Colored Pencils, fussy cut around the edges with Stickles for the stars and gel pen accents
  • sentiment, "July Happy Birthday 2015 America", is from Create with TLC Happy Birthday America Digi Word Art is chalked around the edges with faux stitching
With the 4th of July this weekend, one of my favorite songs is one by Lee Greenwood which brings back many fond memories - "God Bless the USA" which I kept humming and singing while I was creating my calendar! One of my memories is I had been a Girl Scout Leader and Trainer when my daughter was little. Our troup had been selected to be part of singing this song as a tribute for a ceremony at Girl Scout Camp with them singing in front of a bonfire . . . . everytime I hear this song, it brings back that great memory for me!


Thank you for stopping and visiting today and hope you come back again!!!


I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? If you have any questions or need to contact me, I can be reached at hercraftiness@gmail.com

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely design creation inspiration for CHN Patterned Paper July challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Lynne, welcome to your new grandson, Im expecting my second great grandson in September and its such a exciting time. Stunning card and so appropriate for the 4th of July. hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very patriotic, ideal for this month. Keep singing. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great 4th of July project. Great patriotic song you've shared and now I'll have that stuck in my head all day! lol Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness