What's It All About

Monday, January 26, 2015

I Like to Catch Brass Rings on the Merry-Go-Round

As I had previously said - what was I thinking - I had purchased Studio G 3 x 3 cards at Michael's for a dollar and thought I would make little cards - - - WELL, that means my image was tiny and I only had a 3 x 3 working space and area to color:



I used to go to church camp in the late 60's and I can remember singing a silly song AND it even had motions: "I Like to Catch Brass Rings on the Merry-Go Round". Strange how an image inspires a song or a memory with me!!!


 Recipe:
  • Studio G 3 x 3 cards with scraps for the background
  • Beccy's Place Carousel Horse with Scallops is a freebie which was colored using Spectrum Noir and Whisper Strokes Markers, Prisma Colored Pencils with gel pen accents, and fussy cut around the edges
  • bunting punch with scraps for the "carousel" and then faux stitched around the edges
  • 1/8-inch Darice ribbon on top and tied in a bow with a button accent which was a scrap piece 
  • Miriam's Crafting Supplies Silver Tone Made For You Charm
  • sentiment, "Just Because", had been a previous freebie from Create with TLC and was mounted on scraps which has a lacey finish using Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace Border Punch along with a retro lace on top




Viola - a special little card to slide into a gift


I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship

1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE the teeny ones! Great coloring on such a small image. xxD

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness