What's It All About

Friday, August 8, 2014

One Kitty is NEVER ENUF!!!!! Celebrate International Cat Day Today!

I love love love kitties and during one of our recent fishing trips to Pymatuning, we had driven to Andover, OH to the Amish Store. Ok, Lynne, where are you going with this story . . . WELL, on the way back saw a sign saying Adoption Kitties Available. Bob, of course stopped because he knew there would be no living with me and he too is an animal lover. There is this beautiful white house with a carriage house to the one side. I knock on the door and introduce myself and get told by this amazing woman that her name is Lynn also!!!! It was a sign!!! (LOL!!! - I saw you laugh!!!). She leads me inside and to my amazement, I thought I was in heaven - cats and kittens everywhere in this 2 room bungaloo. She takes me in the kitten room and offers me a seat and this one kitten kept telling me to take her but I had my eye on this grey kitty with white paws and the Bengal kitties and and and . . . . well, to make a long long story short as I can see you are going to sleep - Lynn is a rescue shelter that accepts cats and kittens along with even ferrel cats. She has a vet come in once a week to check to make sure all is well and even has a woman that bottle feeds the ones that were taken from their mamma too early. She is truly amazing!!!! She asks $10 for the adoption and even gives you a cardboard cat carrier - who could ask for more???

Since August 8th is International Cat Day, this card is for Lynn from Lynne . . . .





RECIPE:
  • size A card cut using red Recollection Card Stock
  • background is DCWV The Natural Stack (what a deal as found on clearance for $2!!)
  • Create with TLC Pretty Kitties All in a Row which was colored with Spectrum Nor Markers and gel pens then chalked around the edges
  • inside sentiment was chalked around the edges and is also from Create with TLC Purrfectly Sweet, "People are just warm furniture for CATS." which is ever sew appropriate as being she is such a snuggler and from the start she just wanted on my lap!!!
  • ribbon is a Ribbon Trends red dot
  • pearls were added to the corner which were from Miriam's Crafting Supplies
Well, as you might of guessed, I did come home with another kitty as a pet for our black lab, Princess, who adores her, my Maine Coon, Patches, who wants to know what was I thinking and Bob who just loves her. At this time, I would like to introduce the newest member of our family, Chloe who was one of the bottle-fed babies and I believe has Siamese in her with her cries: 

I thank you for stopping by and visiting today. I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne and the ZOO!!!!

this card was entered in the following challenges:
Crafty Girls Challenges: Challenge #24
Chalk-Ah-Lot Cafe: Challenge #63

1 comment:

  1. Awwww...love to hear of good people in a world with so much hatred and violence. What a saint Lynn is for sheltering those precious animals. Chloe is a doll. I do wish my husband would allow a cat but he's set against it. So enjoy her for me too. Beautiful card too. Thanks for linking up at Chalk ah Lot.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness