What's It All About

Sunday, August 24, 2014

I Wish for you Hugs when spirits sag . . .

On Lacy Sunshine on Facebook, a challenge along with a free digital image was offered. Of course, I took the gauntlet and here's my version of Octavia Melancholoy offering hugs for a very special friend with a great deal of issues going on in her life. I'm asking for unspoken prayers for her.


RECIPE:
  • card is a 6 x 6 inch card using DCWV Le Tres Chic 
  • backgrounds were cut 5.75 inch using Recollections Fashionable Chic and 5.5 inch from my fabulous scraps
  • image was colored using Spectrum Noir Markers with gel accents and then rounding the corners and chalking the edges
  • sentiment, "I wish for you HUGS when spirits sag", was a freebie from Create with TLC with rounding the corners and chalking the edges
  • gate was cut using Cricut Ornamental Iron 2 Cartridge, Lace 1 found on page 50 cut to 5.5 inches using a fall leaf print which I found in my stash - I think it gives the look of betina 
  • brown pearls were added to the gate and yellow pearls for the center of the flowers on her hat from Queen & Co.
  • for some odd reason, I'm into adding feathers to hats which my friend, Kimberly Pate, had sent me a big ziploc baggie with feathers
  • paper roses are from Michael's Dollar bin

I was in a peach and pastel mode when coloring her and really like how it turned out and hope you do too!!!

I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship

2 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card, loving what you've done with her and that added feather, wonderful ideal Thanks for joining us at the Brown Sugar Challenge this week. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet adorable card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calender challenge
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness