What's It All About

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Oscar the Grouch Wishing Gayle a Happy Birthday!!!

My dear friend Gayle has been in my life since my daughter was in Brownies and now Jen is 33 years of age. That's a long time to have someone as your friend. She has been there for me in sew many ways and for this I have made a very special card for her birthday - what you say???? How can you make an Oscar the Grouch card for a dear friend for her birthday - WELL, you don't know Gayle!!!

When Paulette of Create with TLC had this recent freebie, Grouch Paradise - I knew exactly what my card should be:



RECIPE:
  • card was cut 4.5 x 9 inches using Cricut Cartridge Life is a Beach Square Card on page 40 - can't you just picture Oscar sunning himself in his garbage can on a moonlit beach?? background paper is black Recollection card stock with the backdrop tye-dye piece of scrap paper which reminded me of a sunset cut at 4.5 x 4.5 inches
  • Oscar the Grouch was cut at 3.75 inches using Cricut Sesame Street Friends Cartridge on page 55 as it reminded me of him saying either get away or hey there!!! all paper-piecing was done using scraps and then chalked around the edges and puff-dotted for dimension
  • sentiments, Grouch Paradise and Gumpy is the New Happy were from Create with TLC and were chalked around the edges - don't they just make you want to burst out in song???
  • palm  tree was colored using Prisma Colored Pencils with Chocolate Delight Pearls for the coconuts
Well, Happy Birthday Gayle!!!! Hope you have a super wonderful birthday!!!

I thank you for stopping by and visiting today. I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne 

this card has been entered in the following challenges: 


Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenges: #38 Summer Theme
Crafting by Designs Anything Goes Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness