What's It All About

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Scrapbook Blessings Challenge No Squares Here - but then again, Lynne breaks the rules!

It's that time of the month where Scrapbook Blessings is setting up a challenge for "No Squares Here". The Design Team is doing something a little different by showcasing different styles of folded cards. Myself, I Chose and Easel Card using 
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/easelcard/ as my inpiration! There are also many style of easel cards that are showcased at Split Coast Stampers including and not limited to the one that I have used. OR as another option, which is what I used is My Scrap Chick has many different styles of svg files to cut for Easel Cards. The one I used is the Square Scallop from Easel Card Assortment. Yea,  ok, I know the rules "No Squares Here" but I'm a rebel!

Our sponsor for this challenge is Wags 'n Whiskers which can be purchased at Stamp and Create who sew graciously offered samples of their digitals to the Design Team - the one that I chose is Furry Friends. Now with all that being said, here's my card!





RECIPE:
  • card was made using My Scrap Chick Easel Card Assortment Square Scallop
  • DCWV Lady Couture Paper Stack was used for the actual card and the floral background
  • Recollections Red Card Stock is used for the one background
  • Furry Friends was colored using Spectrum Noir Markers and gel pens for accents
  • sentiments "you look marvelous darling" and Basically you're fantastic" are from Create with TLC. If you're not already a "follower" of her blog, this is something as a "must" on your "to do list" as she offers on a daily basis phenomenal freebies which the above sentiments are just an offering!
  • pearl trim was purchased at Pat Catan's Craft Store which is a local store
  • pearls, rhinestones, feather, and ribbon rose are from my stash
Easel cards give the illusion of a lot of work but are actually very easy!!!! Why not give one a try!

God Bless and thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? 

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne 

this card has been entered in the following challenge:
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog Challenge #81: Use a Die Cut or a Punch

1 comment:

  1. Your card is fantastic Lynne! So glad to be serving on the team with you!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness