What's It All About

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Scrapbook Blessing Starburst (Sunshine) Card Challenge #5

Greetings my friends! Are you ready for our wonderful challenge for Scrapbook Blessings which I am part of the Design Team and challenging you my friends to participate.

Now onto the next video challenge... Easy Starburst (Sunshine) Card Technique. As a tip, when I watch a video, I always keep an index card close by to write down the measurements that I don't have to keep going back and forth for the measurements. On this index card, I also include the website where I got a particular card or technique. Here's the fun video with instructions to follow for the challenge:



I must confess that I actually made two cards . . . here is my final card but don't worry, I will show you my second card along with my tale of woe!



Recipe:
  • Background piece is cut as follows: 5.5 x 8.5 inches and then scored at 4.25 inches cut with red Recollection Card Stock
  • scraps were used for the "sunshine" pieces are 4 different pieces cut at 1.5 x 4 - inches
  • these scraps were then cut at an angle to make 8 triangles as demonstrated in the video
  • next cut a piece of paper 5 x 2.75 - inches; this piece can be any scrap as it is being covered with the triangles
  • find the center of the 5 x 2.75 - inch paper and alternate the triangles in a pleasing color arrangement that the piece is totally covered
  • trim the extra triangle paper from the back
  • next cut a complimentary piece of paper 5 x 3.75 - inches to compliment your "starburst" design and glue the "starburst on this piece of paper
  • if using ribbon, wrap ribbon around the cardfront before attaching to the card 
  • ribbon is Darice So Trendy which was wrapped on the card and then a bow added on top of the strip
  • Cricut Lacey Labels Cartridge was used to make the vehicle for the sentiment 
  • sentiment, "life is SWEETER when shared with friends" was stamped onto white cardstock scrap and then glued onto a black background, again, a scrap.both of which were first chalked around the edges 
  • puff dots were used to put sentiment on my card
NOW, a funny thing happened while doing my original card. For those of you who know me, I always have this "habit" of thinking outside the box and with my background as a quilter - I thought how awesome this card would look if I did decorative stitching around the piecing . . . . WELL, my machine apparently was hungry and ate part of my piecing but I was liking the papers I had used and thought, now how can I fix this to make it work. . . . TAH DAH, wide ribbon with matching bow completes the card with adding 8 mm heart-shaped flat-backed acrylic pearls from Miriam's Crafting Supplies.



Barely looks like my machine was hungry and ate a piece out of the bottom left triangle. NOW, SHHHHHH don't tell anyone as this is our secret!

This challenge our wonderful sponsor, My Creative Classroom, has offered one (1) on-line seat. Of course there are some rules for the challenges to make them fair. Be sure, to take a moment or two to view and . . . ..  SEW, come on over and link up your cards and meet the challenge!!!!  

Thanks for visiting me today . . . much love, hugs, and friendship. Don't forget to leave me some bloggie love as I love to read your comments - is your comment the next one I read????? 

Lynne

4 comments:

  1. I love both cards Lynne and if you didn't tell us that you had made a boo boo for the second one, we wouldn't have known :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome colors - black, red, and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love your cards, especially the thick ribbon that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne your cards are soooo cute! Love your bows! The black, red, and white card would go perfect in my scrapbook room.

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness