What's It All About

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round

I am sew excited to show you this project that I just love love love!!!!! Did I mention that I'm also the Guest Designer for a very dear friend of mine Susan Bermudez of http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/ . As you know, I am also on
the Creative Kuts Designer Team and have been working on this project for some time due to illness  to share with you. The paper piecing that I used is the School Days Collection.


I have designed a little book that I am calling this the Wheels on the Bus. I have incorporated many of the elements from the School Days Collection with a little bit of my creativity.  The bus has 2 holes with binder rings and ribbons in red, yellow, and blue. I used the back of the school bus for the entire book with just a few variations.


I have the wording for each page on the back of the previous page hand-written with my white gel pen and the cute little houses with the letters for the word "town" was cut from Jubilee. 


the wheels on the bus go round and round. I put brads on the "wheels" and the they do move round and round. This view is from the side of the bus.


the door on the bus goes open and close all over town - this I cut a rectangle the width of the other window. The cute bus driver is actually the boy student with the letter "O" for the steering wheel and again using the windows as my two (2) front windows.


the wipers on the bus go swish swish swish again all over town - the cute little boy student bear for my bus driver and the "wipers" are just strips of paper with brads attaching them to move back and forth.


the people on the bus go up and down all over town - I used teacher bear and boy student bear along with teacher bear's chair. I put a slit opening. I cut out the bears and glued the bears on scrap yellow paper from the bus and then glued them on popsicle sticks to slide them up and down with arrows showing up and down from the Essentials from my E2 built-in cartridge



the driver on the bus says move on back all over town -- the cute little bear student again is my bus driver but his one arm has a brad to move with arrows added to show move on back




and I just have the back of the school bus for the back of my little book!






I hope you enjoy my little book and please leave your comments as I love to hear what you think! Also please, stop by my Creative Kuts and check out their incredible paper piecing designs along with their new digital designs.

Be sure to stop over and give Susan 
some bloggie love as her blog is PHENOMINAL!!!!
Thank you Susan for having me!!!


God Bless
Hugs and Love
Lynne

4 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute---you did an excellent job.So much detail.TFS,
    Hugs
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely darling!! I love the interaction with it and just the topic in general..I have two gsons who started Kindergarten this year and I know they would love to have something like this! Great job, Lynne!!

    transport7800@aol.com
    http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing... WOW, so very creative!
    Pendra
    pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bus book is so amazing! I love the interaction part of it and the bright colours and cute characters. It had to have been a lot of love and hard work that went into making something so creative.
    Thank you for sharing and inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness