What's It All About

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Guest Designer Wednesday - Michelle Ferris

WOW!!! I have the most talented and fabulous Guest Designers!!!! Last week, you were privileged to meet Michelle Ferris and see her fantastic tutorial on quilling along with her samples!!!! Well, I have Michelle again being gracious as my Guest Designer displaying a layout. This month, my Guest Designers' project theme is Back to School!!!!


Without further delay, I would love for you to see Michelle's project - please leave comments here for Michelle and I will be sure to relay them to Michelle as she has yet to have a blog!!!



Hi Ladies,

This is my official first guest designer spot and the theme is Back to School! 

The background paper is by Graphic 45 "An ABC Primer Collection". All the chipboard embellishments are from the same line.

The diagonal multi colored striped paper is by Michelle Coleman , from the "Trick or Treat" line " Paper name is R.I.P.

The orange/red paper is from My Mind's Eye " Sundance Our Sweet Home " Paper name is Magnolia.


The black and the gold paper is from my scrap box as was the paper strips for the quilled apples!

I distressed the edges of the background paper and did not ink them. Tore 1 corner on ea. page and folded 1 corner down on each page.  

I inked all the paper and chipboard edges with Tim Holts Vintage Photo Ink. Also went around all the letters in back to school with black pen.

The Back to school house, bell and words were a digi download from Kadoodlebug designs and cut with Sure cuts alot with the Cricut.

The brads and hardware were from the Hodgepodge Hardware tin from Stampin' Up.

I just couldn't put pics on the second page and hide that sweet picture! LOL

The adorable kids in the photos are the loves of my life, my grands!




I have been scrapbooking/cardmaking for 2 1/2 yrs now. It all started with an impulse buy of the baby Cricut! LOL  I had never crafted until then !  I mostly make cards but every once in a while I get out of my comfort zone and do a Layout or 2 !

Hope you enjoy this LO . Thanks for looking.

MICHELLE FERRIS

Amazing, Michelle. Hard to even believe that your saying that lay-outs are out of your comfort zone!!! This is absolutely phenomenal not to mention the apples that are quilled!!!! I loved it!!!!! Thank you again, Michelle for graciously being my Guest Designer!

God Bless
Hugs and Love,
Lynne

5 comments:

  1. Holy smokes!!! I love this layout and have never seen paper like that before :D Great job Michelle :)

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Sue ! Sometimes my pages are a little far out hehehehehe
    The paper was brand new in my local SB shop here in Ontario. I do love the Graphic 45 papers!
    I forgot to mention the pics were taken by my fabulous dtr in law who is a phenominal photographer. The color pics she sent me did not go with the LO so she put a green wash over the pics to tone the colors down! I thought they looked super done this way!!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle this is amazing... I love that paper... I used it in my project too..we have great taste.... I love your layout!!!I really like all the little things extra... the paper tearing , corner folding and all the embellishments... thanks for sharing!!!
    hugs.. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Graphic 45 paper!!! Beautiful layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Laura and Darlene ! I love Graphic 45 paper too ! Laura, the day I can hold a candle to your work , is the day I will be very pleased with myself ! You are right though, we do have great taste in paper ! LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness