What's It All About

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Loved by God Faith Blog Hop Day One


Welcome to the Loved by God Faith Blog Hop!  


We are so blessed to have you be a part of it. If you arrived from Carolyn’s blog you are in the right place.  If you just happened to have landed here, go on over to www.mypapertreehouse.blogspot.com so that you can catch the beginning of the hop.  

I have noticed that since we were pretty much created, we have an innate need to be loved and desired. There is such a longing in our souls to be called beautiful, adorable, precious, accepted, and loved; and many times we find ourselves living lives of beggars, accepting the pennies people are willing to give. To be loved by man is temporal and it will always leave you thirsty for more. To be loved by God is to find satisfaction and to never thirst again. 
This month we want to share with you what it has meant for us to have been “Loved by God”.  Every Brave and Precious woman participating in this hop has a beautiful story of how God has shown His love to them in a very personal way. We invite you to hop around and discover the AMAZING ways the Lord chooses to love us, even when we do not deserve it.  

The Bible says that there is no greater love than that from one who dies for his friend - and God loves you so much that He sent His only Son to die for you.  

Please, take a minute and listen to this song  

Our prayer is that the Lord would open your eyes so that you too can see how God has loved you.
  
The line-up for this month is:










We are doing things a bit different this month.  We actually want to have you be a participant with us.  If you feel inspired create a project that reflects what the Lord has shown you, write a poem, or simply post about the Love of God in your blog. Then go over to www.mypapertreehouse.blogspot.com to link up your post. We would love to see how the Lord works through you. 

For this month alone, there will be no greater gift we can offer you than the love the Lord has awaiting you, so there will be no Grand Prizes.  Still you can be blessed by the beautiful RAKS some of the participants have available. 

Here is how He has chosen to show me His love -

The scripture I chose to use today is Psalm 128: 

Blessings on all who reverence and trust the Lord 
on all who obey him!
Their reward shall be prosperity and happiness. 
Your wife shall be contented in your home. 
And look at all those children! 
There they sit around the dinner table 
as vigorous and healthy as young olive trees. 
That is God's reward to those who reverence and trust him.
May the Lord continually bless you 
with heaven's blessings as well as with human joys. 
May you live to enjoy your grandchildren! 
And may God Bless Israel!

This is a tough time of the year for me - my precious gift from God, Amalia Lynne was born on August 29, 1989. 

My second husband and I were told that we would never have children. She was truly a miracle and a blessing from the beginning. We named her after my Grandmother, "Amalia" which in German means worker for God. My Grandmother was more of a mother to me than my own mother as being I was raised by her. I wanted to honor her by giving my child her name. My oldest daughter wanted her to have the middle name of Lynne as that is my middle name (another surprise for those who know me and have only known me as Lynne) and Jennifer's middle name was Lynne. Jennifer said since she had a different father, she wanted to have something the same as being it wouldn't be the last name. Thus the name Amalia Lynne. 





My oldest daughter wanted her to have the middle name of Lynne as that is my middle name (another surprise for those who know me and have only known me as Lynne) and Jennifer's middle name was Lynne. Jennifer said since she had a different father, she wanted to have something the same as being it wouldn't be the last name. Thus the name Amalia Lynne. The picture on the top right is Jen and Molly at Molly's Christening. Actually, Molly was baptised three (3) times. When she was life-lighted to the hospital the day she was born, one of the nurses who was a lay-minister asked if I would object if she would baptize my child and of course, I did not object. When we found out how serious her condition was, my minister came and baptized her. Well, I decided since she was such a precious gift, I wanted to have her baptized in church! Jen was given the honor of being Godmother to her baby sister. There was 10-1/2 years between my girls.


Amalia Lynne was a very precious child but complications occurred almost immediately at birth. She needed to be life-flighted to Children's Hospital. She had a grand mal seizure and a stroke which left my precious child as a quadapalegic. The Doctors and the Hospital said she only had 3 to 6 months to live and wanted to place her in a home. She was my precious child and gift from God. Why would I ever want to part with my precious gift for someone else to care for her? I took my "Molly", as we called her, home with us to care for and to love. I was blessed as she lived 25 months! It was a learning process as I learned to suction her, check her phenobarb levels, change feeding tubes, suction as she had chronic pneumonia but through all this she was treated as a "normal" child as much as possible - her ears were pierced, she went to the zoo, went to church, camping, saw Santa and the Easter Bunny, Kennywood (a local amusement park) where she even rode a few rides and was visited by the Shrine Circus Clowns as the Shriners donated her wheelchair and several of her apparatus to make life easier. Don't get me wrong, this was not an easy journey but a journey I would never trade for anything. 




I had a photo album of her life, but it was an old fashion photo album with just pictures and very little journaling. I took several of the pictures and made some pages for the pictures are emblazed on my heart but needs to be shared as this is a very precious gift that was given to me by God who gave me this precious child to shower with love as God loved me!

As to the recipe for my layouts, I, of course have used A Child's Year for my silhouettes and the Alphabet built-in cartridge from my E2. I used my Xyron to attach the lettering and puff dots for the silhouettes. I added little journal cards to put special thoughts and information. The ribbons are self-adhesive Ki Memories from JoAnn Fabrics which is $1 per spool. Have I ever mentioned that my cartridge that I use the most and love the most is A Child's Year???

Now, I must tell you, that this is a teaser. I will be posting different pictures with different lay-outs for the next three (3) days including the Faith Verse Blog Hop on Monday, August 29, 2011 which the scripture lesson will be Ecclesiastes 3: 1-7 with more pictures of my precious angel! 

Blog candy will be 2 hand-made notes cards with the rule that I would like you to stop and comment if possible each day with one of the days in your comment, mention which is your favorite cartridge. Easy, huh??? Sew, looking forward to seeing what is your favorites!

Your next stop is Tammy, I thank you for stopping by and visiting me.
I love to read your comments and please feel free to follow my journey on my blog as I would love to have you!

God bless you all and all the precious gifts from God
Love and Hugs
Lynne

7 comments:

  1. My dear sweet sister, I know that this was a difficult layout to do emotionally. I am blessed that you shared your Molly with us and she was blessed to have you as her Mother. I am blessed to have you as my friend and sister in my heart. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

    Be blessed!

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what testimony and I know this is difficult for you to talk about sister and I am so glad to call you my friend and sister in Christ! What love and obedience you have shown to your daughter and God bless you with the time you had with her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful testimony, how loved she is, and how loved you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amalia, worker for God, what a beautiful name you chose for your daughter. thank you for sharing her with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing your precious memories and moments with your dear angel...I look forward to the next few days.
    God Bless,
    Kristin
    http://www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly was blessed to have you in her life as well.. beautiful story :) I cannot wait to see ore pics. One day again - you two will be together... what a blessing!! My fav cartridge is well.. so many of them not a particuliar one BUT I do love Boys will be Boys. Doris
    parkernana5@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a touching story and such a blessed child she was to have you as a mom.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    p.s. I love birds on parade:)

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness