What's It All About

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Guest Designer Wednesday - Christel Young Bonner

It's Guest Designer Wednesday and how exciting is this with this being the first Wednesday in August and with my special Guest Designer Christel Young Bonner of Scrappin Sister who has become a very new and dear friend and sister to me through the Faith Blog Hops. The theme for this month's Guest Designers is "Dog Days of Summer" which can come to a lot of interpretations and I'm looking forward to each and every one!!! As for myself, I'm melting here wtih no AC except in the bedroom and just ceiling fan and one fan in the downstairs .... choices are to melt downstairs and create and play with my "toys" or be cool - guess we know what my choice is!!!

Christel has been very very busy as she tell us: For those of you who care to miss me, I am ok. I've been extremely busy. We were told that we are now moving to Ohio. In fact, my DH is already there. We still have to find a place to live. If any of you are in the area and are willing to help us with becoming acclimated to the area, please send me a message or leave a comment. We could use all the help we can get. I promise I'll be back into the swing of things soon.

Now, on with her beautiful lay-out!!! I must admit first off though that I have mainly been a card-marker without doing much with lay-outs but I am going to work hard on learning and mastering as Christel has!!!!




Happy Wednesday! I'm happy to share that I am a guest designer for Lynne of Her Craftiness. This month's theme is the Dog Days of Summer. I'd love to share this very simple layout that I created. I used the Life's a Beach Cricut cartridge to cut out the castle, shoes, and title. The octopus was obtained in a Create a Critter swap that I participated in. The mats fit 3x5 pictures. I used my black and white gel pens to draw the fact of the sun and create interest by outline the words and mats. The photo mats were created using by cutting the paper with a paper cutter and rounding two of the corners. I finished off the mats with two complimentary ribbons tied around the mat. I really hope you enjoy it.

I absoslutely love the colors cause you know me the brighter and more vibrant the better not to mention the cute little octopus just watching over it all AND she has my favorite shoesies - flippy floppies!!!!! Swing on over to Christel and give some loves and of course, I always sew love to hear from you too!!!!


Stay cool, drink plenty of fluids and of course crafting!

God Bless

Hugs and Love,

Lynne

2 comments:

  1. I love the googly eyes on the octopus :) This layout is awesome and I need to play with that cartridge more TTFS it :)

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness