What's It All About

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Fun

Sasha and I had a craft day on Monday! Sasha is 6 years old and wanted to play with the Cricut and this worked out wonderful as we made my project for my blog but just didn't get it listed until today!!! We used my Cricut E2 with Sasha using the stylus and selecting the items we wanted and then she clicked on the knife button to cut!
I feel like I'm Sophia from Golden Girls - now, just visualize this in a frame. I want to go to Michael's or Pat Catan's and purchase one of those wooden frames that you can decorate to place this picture and decorate the frame by painting it brown and using the sun stamp with aqua ink and played with it to see how it looked on my scrap paper as seen below along with some seashells! The stamp is one of those that JoAnn Fabrics sells for a dollar but this was a deal as it was reduced to 50 cents and then 50 percent off the clearance section!!!! A stamp that was only a quarter! The stamp is Studio 112 which is a clear mini stamp.


Now for the recipe for my project which reminds me of a postcard with all that's missing is wish you were here --- I used my very most favorite cartridge - A Child's Year. I love the silhouttes of the children doing different things. From this I used the umbrella and children having fun at the beach and cut using a brown paper by Foundations. The words "fun" and "play" are also on A Child's Year. All were cut at 2 inches. My background paper 8-1/2 x 11-inches is Botanico Dragonflies Designer Paper by chatterbox inc. I found in my scrap box the orange tie dye paper that Sasha and I used the Cuttlebug using the embossing folder Snow Flowers to add dimension to the orange paper. For the word "summer" (Cricut American Alphabet) and the adorable "Cricut holding a cool drink with a straw and those kewl shades" (Cricut Decals) was done with the built-ins on the E2 machine!
This was fun to make and can't wait to finish this project with my visualization and hang on the wall with a summer quilt and wish I were there! Sasha and I had a great time making this and hope you enjoy!

Hugs and Love,

Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness