What's It All About

Friday, May 27, 2011

I Cannot Tell a Lie - Pinocchio Card

I cannot tell a lie but today I thought I would use Classic Disney cartridge and make Pinocchio as a card. I have the Expressions 2 which I love but have a few regrets. One of them being is I loved using my Cricut Cartridges with the Cricut Design Studio and weld 2 pieces together to make a card. The 2 are not compatible but after calling Provo Craft, they have assured me that they are almost finished with testing the Cricut Craft Room. Once completed with the testing, everyone will be able to go to the site, combine cartridges, design, weld and save and/or share their projects on line and brace yourselfs - they are assuring that there will be no cost! Guess, we will have to wait and see!!!! Enough of my soap box for now and let me tell you about my project. I cut Pinocchio checking out the length of his nose after telling his lies twice as a shadow and once as a regular cut from black at 5-3/4 inches. Also from the black, I cut one strip 1/2-inch by 1-inch and connected the 2 blackouts at the point of his finger pointing to his nose with one-half of the strip attached to the front and the other to the back of the blackout. This way the card is able to stand and swing open. I shaded the colors of his complexion, clothing and shoes with colored pencils. Pinocchio is then put on top of the front black-out with the dots to make him stand out! Just to add some additional dimension to him, I put silver pearls for the buttons on his shoes. I hope you enjoy! Love and hugs - Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness